All the things I’ve heard. Over and over again.
I’m bored of it.
I’m not ready.
I haven’t got a plan.
I don’t know all the RULES!
I’m just finishing this book/course/programme and then I’ll have all the information I need to start.
I’ll just watch this film and then do it.
I haven’t got a website yet. Or a logo.
I’ve just GOT to finish this box series first (Really. And WFT?!)
Allow me one second. Arrrrgghhhh!!!
It’s ALL LIES!
You say you want to go big, go bold, go OUT THERE and yet THIS?!
Are you kidding me?
You say you want to build a business. Your DREAM business. You say will do what it takes to do it and create and life and business on YOUR TERMS, and yet THIS?!
You are kidding YOURSELF!
You put your excuses before action and wonder why nothing has changed for you in weeks, or month, or in some cases YEARS!
Do you think you are the only one that gets stuck? That doesn’t know what all the rules are? That hasn’t got a 100 step plan all laid out before them? That hasn’t got a website? And as for wanting to finish a box set before you can take action, seriously, you are better off picking the next box set to watch.
Here’s what to do when are in excuses making mode.
1. Keep an ear out for that self-defeating voice! Then ignore it.
2. Take action. Imperfect action. Get used to over-riding ‘waiting-for-ready-itus’. This is a plague that hits entrepreneurs and stops them in their tracks. The cure? ACTION! Any action. Look at what you want to do and take an action in that direction. Just MOVE FORWARD. You will get into the habit of action-taking when everything isn’t ready (it never is ready anyway), and you will gather momentum, create energy, and that every action, even imperfect, will have a reaction. Do it.
There are only 3 things you need to do in your business every day.
- Create something every day.
- Help someone every day (hopefully by what you’ve created)
- Offer something for sale every day. TELL people about it!
- BONUS 4th Rule. If it ain’t fun, don’t do it.
Stop excuse making and start creating.
Believe more is possible,