Who do you want to be?
If you are here and reading this the chances are that you want to change, improve, enhance some area of your life or business and who have some idea of what those changes look like.
BUT! Are you doing the actual work to get there?
It’s all very well wishing and hoping and even planning out what your life and business will look One Day, but if you ain’t taking the action, it’s never going to happen!
Who do you want to be?
So, I want to be a person who is…
It’s not enough to say you want to be SUCCESSFUL. What does that success actually look like?
- So I want to be positive? Well in order to have that I have to work on my positivity every day.
- I want to be a motivated person. So I have to make sure my dreams/goals/ambitions actually are big enough to motivate me!
- I want to be rich. In order to make money I have to sell things regularly.
- I want to be helpful. I go and be helpful every day, writing blog posts, making videos, doing interviews, helping out in groups and forums I’m in.
- I want to be fit. Every day I have to make sure I do something that will contribute to my fitness level.
Your success is all built up on the big and small decisions you make every, single day.
Here’s a couple of recent examples from my life…
Last night as I was going to bed and I was setting my alarm for 5:55am I hesitated. Surely it wouldn’t do any harm to just let myself wake up naturally even if I don’t wake up until 8am. I can still do what I’ve got to do if I sleep in. But NO. The person who I want to be is someone who gets up early to start her awesome, productive, happy day! The person I want to be does not want to sleep in! Ok, maybe occasionally, but not for no good reason because it’s the easiest option.
Following on from that this morning I ended up waking at 4:30am because of some noisy birds! I could have just tried to get some more sleep BUT the person I want to be would make the most of the opportunity and do something productive. So, I got up and had a walk in the park.
There was an opportunity for me to put myself forward for an interview. My immediate thought was ‘Great!’ and then the next DISEMPOWERING thought was, ‘Oh, you can’t be the type of person that she’s looking for’. But the person I want to be would go for such opportunities! So I reached out, volunteered and the interview is being arranged.
Who do YOU want to be?
What actions does that person take consistently?
I’m talking about the little AND the big things.
Define EXACTLY who you want to be.
Decide what ACTIONS that person takes consistently.
TAKE THOSE ACTIONS! If you are ever in doubt just ask yourself, ‘What would the person I want to be do?’, and do that. Then you will BECOME the person you want to be.